A1 to FLORENCE IMPRUNETA.
Take the highway (tangenziale) FLORENCE SIENA until SIENA SUD exit - continue on SS2 Cassia towards Rome for 25 km until BUONCONVENTO.
Once in BUONCONVENTO after the Provincial Agrarian Consortium (orange building on the left), turn left and go 3 km, part of which is a dirt road.
A1 exit CHIUSI - CHIANCIANO.
Reach Chianciano and turn left direction La Foce - San Quirico d'Orcia - once you reach the SS2 Cassia go right and in the direction of SIENA as far as BUONCONVENTO.
A BUONCONVENTO 50 meters after Q8 petrol station, turn right and continue for 3 km, part of which is a dirt road.
Buonconvento is an Italian town in the province of Siena in Tuscany. Along with the municipalities of Asciano, Monteroni d'Arbia, Rapolano Terme, San Giovanni d'Asso and Trequanda it forms the Environment of the Crete Senesi. It is considered amongst the most beautiful villages in Italy.
The medieval village, perfectly preserved, is enclosed within a boundary brick wall with hanging arches at the top. It was built in 1379 on the orders of the governors of Siena. It remained virtually unchanged for centuries, protected by the moat and the Guelph battlements, It then underwent remarkable transformations in 800, with the construction of buildings next to the walls, including the Theatre of the Resurrected.
Along its main street is the Museum of Sacred Art of Val d'Arbia, which houses works, from the churches of the Val d'Arbia, of many of the leading artists of the Sienese painting tradition such as Duccio, Pietro Lorenzetti, Andrea di Bartolo Matteo John and Alexander Casolani, Simondio Salimbeni and others.
The "Tinaia del Taja", situated on the outer perimeter of the walls, is also home to the Farming Museum, which displays the local agriculture through photos, objects, and other materials.